Friday 28 June 2013

Day Two - Cardio and cats

I set my alarm for 6.30am as I'd planned to be 'on my mat' in time to do Day Two's session before I had to leave for my first client.

David kindly set up my 'yoga studio' for me last night (i.e. moved all the furniture out of the way) before he came to bed so I just had to drink some water, get my mat out and get going.

Just a slight hitch - one of the cats (as I had predicted) was up and feeling like having a stretch herself so I had to gently interrupt her practice and convince her that the floor was better idea:


I do wish I was as bendy as her!

Day Two was cardio and, as promised by Travis, I did sweat.  Not the dripping sweat of a run but that deep heat that develops like a wave during a yoga session.  The old me would have pushed through the ten crescent pose sequences but I sat in child's pose through one set to then finish strong.  This is something that's changed in me since beginning barefoot running.  Nothing quite like directly connecting with the earth for that therapeutic kick.

My favourite part was when Travis said, "...and inhale, even if you have to fake it" - how did he know?!  Oh, and, "just so you know, you've just burned 500,000 calories".  I love it that he has a sense of humour - yoga can sometimes get a bit too intense; you need those little nuggets now and again.

I'm now part of the facebook group and everyone has been very welcoming and friendly.  Most of them are quite a way through the programme and it's great to hear how much they're still getting out of it.  I'm noticing my thoughts wander to questions like, "How will I feel at day 50?  How is the rest of my training going to fit?"...and other such questions which do not involve 'being in the moment'.  At the moment I'm letting things unfold as they naturally will though and hope I can maintain this approach...

Day Three is Strength, HARDcore and meditation - looking forward to the challenge :).

No comments:

Post a Comment