Saturday 12 October 2013

Day 108 - Finished!

Wow.  Well, it's done!  108 Sun Salutations and 108 days of yoga in a row.

I did them this morning after mobilizing for about 15 minutes.  It was pretty tough but enjoyable - I had to ignore a tricep niggle which set in at around number 50!  I wasn't able to reflect on the 108 days whilst doing the SS's because the speed is pretty quick so not much time for reflective thought.  I won't spoil the ending of the 108 SS on the DVD, but it is moving and this is when I felt teary.  I then stood for a while with my hands in prayer position and thought about my journey.

It really shaped my summer, that's number one.  When I look back on the Summer of 2013, I'll be saying, "that was the summer I did my first 108 journey".  I feel like I've been given a gift; this actually feels more like the start of the journey now I've finished - the 108 days was a preparation, or foundation.  Funny that lots of opportunities seem to have arisen in my last week.  Spooky!

Number two: that Travis is a hell of a wise man!  He moves you through a class and manages to say exactly the right thing at exactly the right moment.  I can only imagine what it's like to take a live class with him - maybe one day I will.  I am thankful that I found him and this programme.

Number three: the production and music were faultless.  They contributed immensely to the experience and I thank all those involved, including the participants in the DVD classes who all came from different places, with different sizes and shapes, strengths and weaknesses and gave it their all, 100%.

And of course, number four.  The fabulous people in the facebook group - it would definitely not have been the same without them.  I thank them all for their encouragement, support, wisdom and most importantly, their humour.  We mustn't forget to laugh and have fun.

I wish everyone on their journey, whichever round it is, all the very best and anyone who's contemplating it - what are you waiting for?!  You will NOT regret it!

Namaste :).

No comments:

Post a Comment