Saturday 6 July 2013

Day 10 - Inspiration from all

Wow.  Before I begin, I think it's only right to give a shout out to a fellow UY, Rob, who has just completed the journey!  A journey of 108 days that has transformed his life!  Or rather, has empowered him to transform his life.  Great work!

I was predictably very tired this morning and made the decision, when my alarm went off at 5.50am, to have an extra hour of sleep and to do my 'Strength' DVD later on.  I knew I'd have time and it wasn't a big deal - I needed the extra hour and that was that.

I should say, at this point, that I am very grateful for the sunshine we're finally seeing here in the UK!  It was beautiful today and I got a little bit sun burnt working with a running client out in the open (I'm used to wearing several layers and being either freezing, wet through, or both!). 

I find the 'Strength' programme very tough - but also one I want to conquer and move through with complete control.  I incorporated 'hardCORE' into the session, switching DVDs towards the end so that I could do the hardcore routine and then finish with the stretch/relaxation on the 'Strength' DVD.  I'm not yet sure if this is the best way to fit the two in, but today it was a good option.  I'm going with the flow!

I've been looking at some of the photos that people who are further through the programme than me have posted.  Feet behind necks, all kinds of impossible looking balances - I am both excited to try these and also a little scared!

Looking forward to a little run in the morning and a relaxing 'Yin' session later on.  Big day for sports tomorrow too - more tennis (men's Wimbledon final) and the F1.  Great match between Lisicki and Bartoli today - congrats to both for their commitment to - and love of - their sport. 

Namaste :).

No comments:

Post a Comment