Monday 22 July 2013

Day 26 - Better than expected!

My neck and shoulder were really spasming (if that's a word) during the night and this morning.  I really didn't think I'd get very far with 'Detox' but I thought I'd try.  Surprisingly, it was my best experience yet with that DVD.  Ok, the fact that the emphasis is on twisting and my head refused to turn to the right made the poses a little imbalanced, but my attempt at reverse triangle and reverse half moon were my best yet.

I also went for a run much later (today was HOT!) and did my meditation during the run.  I then did 'hardCORE' when I got back, so on the whole, a good day for exercise.  I got a fair amount of work done too - not bad at all for a Monday!

The consistency of this programme is relentless, but in a good way.  As I finished HC at around 8.30pm, I was rolling up my mat thinking, "I need to get this out again in a few hours!" but I wasn't dreading it - I'm looking forward to it.  Even though it's tough, there's no sense of having to push it.  The idea is NOT to push things, or work against your body, but to work with it. 

So, I'll be up for a 6.30am 'Vitality' session followed by two clients back to back.  Hope the sun shines again - this weather is glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment