Sunday 14 July 2013

Day 17 - A tough one

I had two back to back clients this morning with some traveling involved, so I didn't get home until about 12.30pm.  It was so hot, though, that I wasn't hungry so I thought I may as well go straight into my 'Strength' session.

I must admit, this was the hardest workout I've had yet.  A combination of being tired, hot and hungry made it a real challenge.  Plus, 'Strength' is one of the hardest ones anyway. 

I had a little doze afterwards but not for long because I wanted to shower and get going to meet my friend at the park.  David came too.  We walked to the park, picking up some drinks on the way, so it was probably around a two miler, in the heat.  We met with my friend and chatted for ages - it was good to catch up.  She was interested in my yoga and also wanted to make sure I wasn't turning into a purist, "my body is a temple" kind of person.  Nah - but, I did enjoy explaining what this 108 journey has done for me already and pleased that she commented on my "toned arms"!

I was supposed to do 'hardCORE' as well today but my core is always exhausted by the time I've done 'Strength' and I only did the core workout last night.  No point trying to do it today - it would do more harm than good.  In fact, my core only just about held up for the walk home!

Relaxed 'Yin' tomorrow, so thinking of doing a run as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment