Friday 26 July 2013

Day 30 - The real reason people fall in 'Balance'

Up at 6.30am for 'Cardio'.  Seems such a long time ago now!  My early morning yoga sessions always seem to take on a surreal quality by the time I come to review them at the end of the day.  It's as though they happened in another place or another time. 

I do remember feeling quite strong and controlled though. Breathing was good.  And for a split second, I felt that my mind and body were completely in unison; I was flowing through the movement with no effort at all.  It was literally a second long, but I felt it!  I'm wondering if eventually that sensation continues through an entire class.  That would be very cool.

I won't go into details about my morning client, but she is doing very well and I'm very pleased.  I also met with a new client this morning and look forward to helping her get back on track with her fitness after injury and life in general got in the way.

I have a schedule change coming up this weekend as I approach my first detox, so I have 'Strength' and 'hardCORE' tomorrow and then 'Detox' on Sunday instead of 'Yin'.  I'm looking forward to trying the new DVDs in my second phase of 36 days: 'Balance', 'Flexibility' and 'Gentle'.  The others in the facebook group seem to love the balance one, even though they talk a lot about falling over!  I've been wondering whether to watch the DVDs first but I think I'll jump right in - I like the surprise and Travis' teaching is so easy to follow anyway.  Speaking of Travis, the popular opinion in the group (as there's much discussion about this) is that he's quite easy on the eye :).  His bottom is quite distracting apparently.  Maybe that's why there's so much wobbling about during 'Balance'? ;).

And speaking of blokes doing yoga, David did the Karen Voight DVD again today!  Very impressed.  He's enjoying it too, although I don't know that I can see him committing to 108 days.  We'll see though - it's certainly life-changing and you can't help but be drawn in (in a good way - that made it sound like a cult!).

Going out of London on Sunday and up to visit the family in the countryside.  Bliss - looking forward to some fresh air, beautiful surroundings and seeing my family :).  


No comments:

Post a Comment