Tuesday 9 July 2013

Day 13 - There's room on my mat for blocks :)

I was up at 5am to get to my client in the centre of London, so did the Vitality DVD when I got home.  I think this is one of my favourites, along with maybe ‘Cross Train’.  I find that my back really needs it, although some of the poses are pretty tough so breath focus is extremely important so I don’t push it too far.  I used the blocks again today for a couple of poses – they are great tools that I have been reluctant to use because I like the thought of it being just me and my mat.  I realize, though, that during the process, the blocks can help to get the most out of the poses and at some stage, I won’t need them anymore.

My knees had been feeling a bit tight and clicky for a couple of days.  This DVD seemed to sort it out.  There are a few little gems in this workout that really target what I need.  It's not so strength focued either so I find that my breathing is easier to control.  There's a pose towards the end that involves sitting up with one leg out straight and the other crossed over your thigh, as high as you can get it.  Up to now, my knees have felt a bit vulnerable in this pose but today I could do it.  Quite pleased about that!

One of the many things I'm interested in finding out as this programme unfolds, is how it will help (or hinder) my running.  I've greatly reduced my running mileage and frequency and my body obviously needed that - my runs lately have felt more comfortable.  I'm wondering how the increased flexibility will take effect; I think I'll do another little run tomorrow if I have time and see what's currently happening :).

I almost fell asleep at the end of the DVD.  Today and tomorrow are long days so I think a little nap later on may be in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment