Thursday 18 July 2013

Day 22 - Cross Train :)

I got up at 4.45 this morning for 'Cross Train'.  My neck spasm had made my sleep a bit fretful but I was determined to get on the mat and see what I could do.  Surprisingly, most of the DVD was ok (and it's one of my faves) so I modified where needed and made sure not to push it.

Out to my client for 7am and then David and I went for a run when I got back.  Lots of work on the pc followed by a quick trip to the shops and then some meditation in the sunshine (managed to block out the sounds of South East London - no easy task!) before doing 'hardCORE'.  Definitely ready for my bed now!

Each day reinforces, just a little bit more, why I wanted to do this programme.  My mantra - or chosen attribute - for yesterday's meditation was 'focus'.  This is what I lack and today I kept repeating it to myself which helped me finish the article I was writing instead of getting side tracked by the terrible distraction that is the internet!

My little fluffy cat wanted to join in again this morning.  I really must get her her own mat so she can stretch out with me - I feel so mean pushing her off my mat but I don't want to squash her if I happen to fall over trying to balance in half moon pose, which is something you can't predict!

It's 'Cardio' tomorrow and I'm slightly dreading the 'series of 10'.  The competitor in me thinks I have to do them all every time now because I've achieved it once.  My inner 'yogi' might be strong enough by now though to override that instinct!  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment