Wednesday 3 July 2013

Day 7 - Chilled out

As a result of me raving about how I'm feeling transformed, I think the universe is testing me to find out my limits. 

I was up at 5 this morning, although not for yoga which was quite disappointing :(.  Wednesday is the only day (thank goodness) that I have to travel by train into Central London for a PT client.  The client is great and works hard so that's not a problem, but I do not envy the people that have to travel in every day.  The tube is just a mass of bodies all squashed together, invariably with the odour of last night's dinner (and alcohol consumption) hanging potently in the stuffy air.  Lovely.

Today I felt much more calm and chilled than I normally do.  My PT session ran on slightly longer than usual, so I knew I'd miss my usual train going home.  Never mind, I'd get the next one.  But, oh no, it's been cancelled.  Ah well, the next one then.  Oops, no - that's been cancelled too.  Ok...the next one will be along soon - but wait a minute, they've changed the destinations and it won't be stopping at my stop.  Hmmm.  At this point, I surprised myself by being completely unagitated (is that a word?).  I also listened to the reason the last train had been diverted - it was running late due to a passenger being unwell.  I'm not sure I always believe the reasons (excuses) given why trains are delayed or cancelled, but this morning I wondered: What if that was true?  What if someone on the train has been rushed to hospital?  It's so easy to get caught up in how something will affect your day - I'm as guilty of that as anyone and it's not necessarily a horrible fault that we all have, it's just a result of the constant rush with which we're required to live our lives.  Anyway, if the person is real, I hope they're ok.

So, I remained calm (is this the result of the yoga already?) - so calm, in fact, that when I eventually got on the train I was so engrossed in reading that I missed my stop!  I had to phone David to come and pick me up from the next station along the route (which he did without complaint - he's good like that).

Once home, I did 'Mountain Pose, Pranyama and Meditation' for the first time.  Once again, it wasn't what I was expecting but I really enjoyed it.  I wasn't going to finish the meditation section but I'm glad I did.  It made me cry - again! - what's up with that?!  I felt very relaxed at the end though.  I'm wondering how many people can actually do the full yoga squat - that's a tough one!

I'm still a sucker for cardio, so I went for a little run (nose breathing all the way) and did some weights later in the afternoon. 

I have more time tomorrow so could do my yoga after my first client but I actually want to get up and do it early.  David thinks I've gone crazy...maybe I have!  So, I'll be up at 4.40am for my second round of 'Cross Training'.  We also have a significant meeting tomorrow which could either turn into nothing at all or something really huge.  Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment