Monday 29 July 2013

Day 32 - Time is flying!

Up quite early for 'Detox'.  I'm really starting to like this one.  It obviously 'squeezed' out some tension in me because I cried at the end during the final stretches and Shavasana.  Pleased that this one stays in the rotation for the coming second phase.

I love the fact that the DVDs are not impossible.  I can complete them all with a sense that I've had a good session and achieved something.  However, there's so much room for improvement too that I can see myself continuing to gain from them for a long time to come.

There are plenty of examples in this particular DVD.  The twisted side angle pose is awkward for me taking my arm over the top and reaching forwards.  In the all fours position when Travis says, "Twist round and grab hold of your foot", my hand and foot are nowhere near each other so I settle for 'reaching' rather than 'grabbing'!  The twisting half moon pose is practically impossible although I think I achieve a recognizable shape with the help of a block (not entirely sure what that shape is though...).

Spent the rest of the day with family, relaxing and chatting in the sun and eating lots of gorgeous food.  I don't do this enough and I'd like to make more time to visit them.  After all, for me, nothing is more important and I shouldn't let life get in the way so much.

Tomorrow I am supposed to 'live like a vegan' for three days.  Coffee and milk/cream just go together, so that may remain I'm afraid, but other than that, no meat, fish and dairy for three days.  The dairy is the struggle - I rarely eat meat and fish anyway and can easily do without...

...and that's all for now! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment