Thursday 25 July 2013

Day 29 - David succumbs to the yoga bug

I soooo didn't want to get up this morning.  If it had been anything else, I'd have stayed in bed the extra hour but I genuinely wanted to do some yoga and bonus!  It's Cross Train day!

I actually felt sick when I began because I was so tired.  I'd eaten late the night before and my stomach was letting me know it wasn't digested yet!  However, just a few minutes into the session and that sensation subsided.  I felt my body opening up more quickly and easily than it used to before this programme which felt really good.  I realized that I usually dread the first cobra of the class because my back is normally quite stiff and something tweaks or twinges, but today there was no restriction.  Smooth as you like!  My balance is usually pretty good in CT, but today it was a little off.  I suspect it was because I decided not to put my contact lenses in so trying to focus on a point in front of me when all I could see were blurry shapes was a little challenging. 

One of the UY group had posted a great pic of herself doing side angle pose with her arms wrapped around her back and leg (difficult to explain - and to do!).  I've actually not even tried to do this yet as my front leg is already feeling pretty challenged - I need that hand on the floor!  Today I thought I'd try it though...no 'wow' moment I'm afraid, my hands were miles off!  In fact, I double checked the tv screen because I thought, "This can't be right, my arms must be in the wrong position".  But no, they're just too inflexible or too short - or both!  I was quite pleased that I could take my hand off the floor and not fall over though, so that was something!

Quick shower and off to my client.  Surprise when I got back - David doing yoga!  He's been saying he wants to try it and in fact, he did some last night too so I was amazed to see him back on his mat again so quickly.  Think he likes it!  He's not really done much yoga before so although he's pretty flexible, I suggested he start with Karen Voight's "Yoga Focus".  There's no spiritual element to it but it's quite a nice intro for someone who has some experience with yoga and good body awareness.  It's only 25 minutes too so good for someone with a short attention span! 

Little run and some tree climbing later and later still, hardCORE.  Not so much work done today - oh well, tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment