Tuesday 23 July 2013

Day 27 - Got a hair cut

I was up at 6.30am as planned (getting good at this!) for 'Vitality'.  I do like this DVD - it's challenging, but in a different way to the others.  Not so much arm work, which is a blessing for me at the moment with my dodgy neck and shoulder.  I love the flow movement in horse stance - I feel like a martial artist doing this one and my legs feel strong.  Incidentally, I was concerned that I'd lose some strength in my legs whilst not doing so much running and resistance work.  How wrong I was!  This programme really works your legs and I have more definition in them than I've had in ages!

I only had time to eat a small handful of nuts before heading out to clients, so didn't eat properly until 12.45pm - some scrambled eggs.  I then went to get my quarterly hair cut.  The girl who washed my hair (she did it nice and quickly for me - I hate lying back over those sinks, especially with a sore neck!) said, "Wow, your hair's getting long!  Are you trying to grow it even longer?"  It made me smile, because I used to be much more bothered about my hair and how much to have cut off, whether I should have it coloured, have a different style, etc.  Now, it's just 'there' and I have it cut so it doesn't get too heavy or straggly.  So, basically, it's growing so long because I've no interest in doing anything else with it!  I'm not saying I've gone to any extreme and just allow it to hang in a greasy mess, but who wants to spend ages styling their hair or worrying about the correct shampoo?  If it's buy one, get one free, that's the one I get!  Oh, how times change.  This is what I love about getting older - you care less about what other people think.  It's such a huge relief!  Our teenage years are fraught with the desire to fit in...now, I'd much rather do my own thing.  Too much of people's time is spent worrying what they look like; they could be spending that time doing something fun...like yoga ;).

There are quite a few people in the facebook group who've been reaching milestones recently, whether it's Day 36, 72 or the Ultimate 108.  It's so amazing to read about the transformations.  One yogi wrote: "When the student is ready the teacher will appear."  I think that probably resonated with the whole group - most of us have come from a place where we've been pushing our bodies and working against them.  And as for our minds...well.  Talk about stressed!  UY seems to appear at just the right time - it certainly did for me.  I'm truly grateful and so inspired by everyone else's stories.  If you're reading this and you're not in the group, you'll probably think it's sounds a bit serious and that we all eat brown rice and lentils and knit our own socks.  But in reality, we're just a bunch of people supporting each other and having a laugh.  I hope I get to meet them all one day...

Mountain Pose tomorrow - my nemesis.  I wish I enjoyed this one as much as everyone else.  One day!

Namaste :).

No comments:

Post a Comment