Tuesday 30 July 2013

Day 34 - Tired!

I was really tired when I came back from London this morning.  The trains had been delayed (no change there) and it was getting on for 9.30am when I came back, so I'm afraid I didn't go for a run and jumped straight into the 'Gentle' DVD.  I felt quite tight and not particularly warm, so the first part felt a bit awkward.  Slowly though, my body started to open and ease and it really is just a great hour of stretching the whole body.  There's a lovely arm movement in triangle pose which really highlights the tight areas.  I will definitely try to run before doing this again as I think I'll benefit much more from having warm muscles.

I wanted to go for a run later on but was busy working and then just ran out of time - I'm about to head to another client this evening.  So I had a bit of a jump about on my rebounder - something that was recommended by a participant at one of our running workshops but from which I haven't had much use yet.  It's quite handy to get the circulation going if you just need a break from the pc for ten minutes.  Apparently they use rebounders with astronauts when they return from space with wasted muscles.  Generally, I'd rather get outside if I can but it's definitely a useful tool to have (if you can find the space - ours is propped up in the kitchen and does get in the way!).

I am seeing my London client early again tomorrow and have 'Yin' on the schedule, so hopefully I'll be feeling more energetic and can run first.  Perhaps I'm having withdrawal symptoms from dairy!

Right, off I go back in the car.  Hoping the roads are quieter as they usually thin out a bit during school holidays.  Avocado salad when I get back and an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment