Monday 29 July 2013

Day 33 - Almost vegan

Strange to be doing Mountain Pose on a Monday.  Did it this evening and it felt quite nice knowing that I could chill out afterwards.  It made me so tired!

Slight problem in that I went swimming this afternoon and due to my reaction to chlorine, I was unable to do the Pranayama section because I still can't breathe through my left nostril.  Unless I swim frequently and get used to the chlorine, it really messes me up.  So I did one set of the breathing and moved onto the meditation.  As I get close to the end of the first phase of the programme, this is one of the things I know I need to improve on.  It's so easy to get caught up in the physical challenges and bypass the mental ones because they are, in fact, harder.  I think I did more meditation at the beginning of the programme and it's tailed off somewhat so I need to really focus on this during phase two.

Today was also the beginning of my three day 'Vegan lifestyle'.  I more or less followed it: I had almond milk on my breakfast (banana, apples, almonds, cashews) instead of yoghurt.  I skipped the usual sprinkling of cheese over my salad this evening and used cider vinegar as a dressing instead of salad cream.  I'm afraid I did have two coffees with cream in them (I tried coffee with almond milk and it was disgusting!).  I expect I'll have more or less the same tomorrow and Wednesday - my diet is fairly simple anyway.

I get to try a new DVD tomorrow: 'Gentle'.  I'm assuming this is along the same lines as 'Yin', i.e. relaxing and not too physically challenging.  I'm going into London early so will probably run when I come back and then do Gentle.

Lots of photos posted yesterday of some of the group in fantastic poses.  It appears that there is a headstand in the 'Balance' DVD.  I can do headstands but not with my arms in the correct 'yoga' position so I'm a bit anxious about trying that!  Balance is on Friday so I'll try and watch it through before then.

Well, up at 5am tomorrow so bed time for me!  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment