Sunday 1 September 2013

Day 67 - Last Flexibility went well!

Had a huge lie-in this morning after a night of indulging in pizza and wine.  I felt surprisingly good when I got up though and went straight to my mat for the last Flexibility session of the programme.

I'm not sure why, but it felt really good today.  The standing sequence didn't feel disjointed and I felt more flexible than last time.  I can do a yogic squat but it's pretty precarious so can't do the extra twisting and tying my arms in knots.  I realized too late that I could actually sit on my yoga block, which keeps my hips open in a comfortable position and I can then do the rest of the sequence.  Oh well, I'm sure I will re-visit this one in the future and can play around with it some more then.  I kind of want to conquer it - I still really want to be able to do the splits!

I will be doing hardCORE and some meditation later on - in between working at the pc ON A SUNDAY!  Ah, the life of a self-employed person definitely has its bad points but the good sure outweighs the bad. 

Next week will be a transition into the last phase of the programme.  I'm looking forward to doing 'Cross Train' again and glad that 'Balance' remains in the rotation.  I'm supposed to do three days of eating raw so I'll try and follow that as closely as possible.  Tuesday-Thursday are very gentle yoga days so I need to think about what else I will do.  Maybe I'll give my body a bit of a break...ok, who am I kidding, I know that I will run at least once.  I will take it easy though.

Planning a swim in the morning and I also have 'Detox' on the schedule.  I'd like to do it first thing but don't want to knacker my arms for swimming so might end up doing it later on.  We'll see.

Back to work :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment