Monday 9 September 2013

Day 75 - Balance, fell over a lot!

Feeling quite tired!  I did Balance this morning - although my balance was terrible.  I think it was mainly due to muscle fatigue - my weaker right leg was not playing the game.  I still enjoyed it though - it's a great class.  I never don't enjoy yoga!

On reflection, if I was so tired then why did I go swimming straight after?!  You don't have to support your own body in the water though so it's a different demand altogether.  The swim was great - sometimes you end up having quite a few rest periods if the lanes are busy but today it was continuous.  I generally exercise much better before food, which bodes well for this coming Sunday when I have to do my Strength session before heading to Brighton (hour and a half journey) for a group run with some fellow barefoot runners.  Not sure when I'll get to eat but looking forward to catching up with some friends I've not seen for a while.

I still have hardCORE and meditation to do but have been fitting in some work in between.  For our next magazine issue, I'm doing a piece on the great Jesse Owens and I've just watched a documentary about his life.  Of course I already knew about his being snubbed by Hitler at the 1936 Olympic Games but wasn't aware what happened once he returned to the States.  An Olympic hero refused a hotel room because he was black - and that was just the beginning.  Shocking.

Planning a long run tomorrow so might do my Yin session after, before clients.  Busy busy.  Where has the sun gone by the way?  I'm wearing a cardigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment