Monday 2 September 2013

Day 68 - Booooo! Last 'Detox' session :(.

Last 'Detox' today :(.  I'm so gonna miss this one, it just has something of everything and as Travis says, it is such a, "sweet flow".

I went swimming this morning.  Still getting to grips with proper lane swimming and lane etiquette.  David and I had the lane to ourselves a lot of the time but a bloke got in towards the end and spoiled our rhythm.  I felt like I was in a race - it certainly pushed me, I was exhausted by the end!  We did a mile which is what we usually aim for.  My lower back felt it for a while because we haven't been for two weeks but it eased off.

Breakfast and work when I got back.  I got quite a lot done and we're almost there with our latest project.  I had a little nap in the afternoon (that swimming just knocked me out!) and then did my last - sniff - Detox session.  My nose was a bit blocked from swimming but apart from that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I got David to film one of the flow sequences - some movements looked better than I thought they would, others I was more critical of.  Very useful to see though.

It felt strange doing it in the afternoon.  I definitely don't get the same feeling of 'unfolding' into the day when I practise in the afternoon.  It doesn't feel so spiritual and I don't get the same sense of well-being flow through me like I do in the mornings.  It just felt nice, that's all!

Poor little Bo threw up last night and then she managed to get a whole load of poo stuck in her fluff this morning - whilst I ate my breakfast too.  Nice.  David cleaned up the sick so I got the poo - think I came out worse in that deal.  I think she's ok - cats tend to use throwing up as a regular detox rather than it being anything worse.  I'll keep an eye on her.

This is my transition week so tomorrow I only have Mountain Pose which I'll do first thing.  I've also eaten pretty clean today in preparation for my raw detox.  There is a huge bottle of beer waiting in the fridge for me on Friday though :).

No comments:

Post a Comment