Saturday 7 September 2013

Day 72 - Angels were singing!

I actually lost sleep thinking about this last night!  It's not that I thought I wouldn't be able to do it - I never think that, which means there's always an extra pressure.  With all the other yoga DVDs, you can modify depending on how you feel on the day, but with this one, you either did it or you didn't.  Pressure!

I felt fairly rubbish when I hit the mat too.  The humid weather really affects me, especially when my hormones are doing their monthly thing, so I felt hot and a bit sick.  Anyway, I began.  It certainly took a while (as in the 36 SS) to get into the same rhythm as everyone in the DVD.  It's pretty fast and you just jump right in. 

I have to admit, I wasn't 'feeling it' to begin with.  I was hoping for a harmonious flow but I felt a bit awkward and twingy.  However, I happened to look up at the screen just as the music changed (around number 44).  It's brilliantly composed and if it's meant to sound like angels singing, then the composer did a great job!  Combined with this sudden, uplifting melody was a huge smile on Travis' face.  He was just oozing enjoyment, gratitude, fun and encouragement all in one go and I suddenly wanted to cry!  I found myself smiling along with him and my mood changed instantly - incredible.  Just shows you what music and someone else's smile can do.  The angels disappeared for a while as the music quietened down, but they made a welcome appearance again towards the end. 

I can't say it was the fluid meditation I was hoping for but it still had a profound effect.  I had such a weird day the rest of the day - so many ups and downs and, no, it wasn't just due to my hormones!

Roll on phase three!

No comments:

Post a Comment