Sunday 1 September 2013

Day 66 - Run and Strength :)

Felt a bit sluggish this morning but went out for a run, making sure I started slowly and my body gradually loosened up.  The sun was shining - beautiful run!

Very sweaty when I got back so I applied plenty of climbing chalk to my hands and feet (which does make quite a mess but it's worth it) and got onto my mat for 'Strength'.  It was very challenging as usual.  I still can't complete the second forearm plank sequence but it's because I've just done a one arm side balance and my arms are saying, "enough!" 

I'm trying to work out how much of it is in my mind.  I've always done a lot of leg strength work and even though my legs feel challenged in this DVD, I somehow know that my legs can do it so keep going.  I wonder if I just don't have the confidence in my arms and that makes me give up sooner...

Went into Bromley with David as he was meeting a new client there for a consultation.  I sat and read some of the 'Bhagavad Gita' while I waited for him.  It's quite deep and philosophical but if you are open to following the line of thought and seriously considering it, it begins to open up a new perspective. 

I only did seven minutes of meditation but I did do fifteen minutes yesterday which was pretty good.  I think I'm getting better!

Last 'Flexibility' session tomorrow - not too sad about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment