Sunday 15 September 2013

Day 81 - So needed that run!

Strength this morning.  My arms were feeling it - all in all, a bit creaky to start with but loosened up as I got into it.  I love the leg work - it's just the right level of challenge.

We headed to Richmond Park, surprised by the amount of traffic on the roads for a Sunday.  Then I saw a sign that the park was shut due to the Duathlon taking place.  Oh.  Well, we were almost there so decided it was probably only just shut to traffic - which was the case - and managed to find a parking space right outside.  Perfect.  We made our way through all the people - the voices and breeze in the air reminded me of past athletics competitions and I felt a few butterflies! 

There were signs to stay off the road but we always run off-road up into the hills so only have to cross a few roads en route.  We cheered on a few runners and cyclists on bits of road that we crossed, but in the woods and off the roads, it was pretty quiet, as usual.  Just us and the deer.  I so needed this!

It's weird - when I train before I eat, I don't feel tired or hungry and feel like I could keep going all day.  I think I've finally trained my body to burn my fat stores efficiently :).  There's quite a focus on that in the fitness world at the moment - monitoring effort by using heart rate and training for maximum efficiency.  I know it's worked for a lot of people too, although it doesn't appeal to me.  I hate wearing a bra so wearing a heart rate monitor and watch would be too much.  I'm not a gadget fan either.  I try to hear what my body's telling me, which has taken years of practice and I still ignore it sometimes.  But I shouldn't.  As Travis says, you're body is constantly giving you feedback: "But are you listening?  Are you listening?" 

Off to meditate.  My foot is a bit niggly from that long, off road run.  Challenging on the stabilizing muscles.  Going to send my foot some relaxing thoughts :).

No comments:

Post a Comment