Saturday 7 September 2013

Day 73 - Cross Train is back!

I was giggling to myself this morning.  There was a discussion on the facebook group a little while ago about how people's hamstrings were really feeling it after they'd completed their 108 Sun Salutations.  I tend to veer on the safe side and keep my knees bent quite often, so I didn't think I'd have any residual pain or tightness in my hamstrings after my 72 SS yesterday.

Oh, how wrong I was.  I could feel the restriction just turning over in bed!  I'm now wondering if I'll need to take a couple of days off work after my 108!

I slept really badly so thought this morning's run would be short and uncomfortable.  However, it was the opposite.  David and I headed out around 11am and both felt like we could just keep on going.  I was mindful that I had Cross Train to do but we still went a lot further than planned and might have gone on longer if I hadn't got glass in my foot.  It happens occasionally and if you catch it in time, you can pick it out, otherwise it's a bit of minor surgery when you get home.  I'm not sure if I've got it out - the pain has gone but it may have worked its way deeper.  I'm sure I'll find out in a couple of days as pieces that go in deep often work their way to the surface later on.  Stepping on glass is rarely a problem - if it's big enough to see, you can usually step on it without it going into your foot.  It's the tiny little pieces that are the buggers.  A small price to pay for the freedom and enjoyment of running barefoot and shoes cause way more problems than the odd bit of glass anyway.

So, back home for Cross Train.  I'd completely forgotten what was in this DVD, I just knew I liked it.  Ahhh, and I still do.  It is just such a nice, complete class.  And something amazing happened too.  The pose that was impossible for me before - it's one where you're in side angle pose and then wrap your arms around your leg - just came to me today as though I'd always done it!  Previously, I couldn't even take my bottom hand off the floor but now my legs are strong enough in that position to hold my weight.  I was pleased to manage it on both sides too :).

I've also done hardCORE (tough when you've not done it for a while) and 16 minutes of meditation.  A record for me.

I'm feeling a rare sense of contentment - David too - as we finally published the latest issue of Barefoot Running Magazine yesterday so there's a temporary relief before we panic about the next one.  We've already started work on it - we both did some today - but the pressure's off for now.  Nice.  If you want to read it, here's a link:  Barefoot Running Magazine

Time for a beer :).

No comments:

Post a Comment