Friday 2 August 2013

Day 37 - Entering the next phase with questionable balance :)

Today was the beginning of my second phase of the programme and I got to try out 'Balance' - the one that everyone's talking about in the facebook group.  Well, it was everything that's been promised.  Tough, funny and despite some of the movements being seemingly possible, it's one I want to do again and again.

There's definitely a different feel to this class; it's more light-hearted.  The message is clear though: most people need to work on their balance, both physically and mentally.  If you can find balance (which is difficult because balance is fluid and ever-changing!), that's when you function the best.  Most of my current balance training is done through movement, frequently changing the standing leg.  This DVD requires you to run through a balance flow but staying on one leg for what seems like forever.  Feel the burn or what?!  It highlights the weakness on my right leg which was on fire for most of the class.

None of the poses seem completely impossible though.  It's pitched just right so that most people trying it won't be able to do all of it but at the same time, achieving the poses isn't entirely out of reach.  I can't wait to do it again!

I also did hardCORE this evening which was good as usual - nice length, challenging but do-able.  I'm on my way to abs of steel!

It's 'Strength' again tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.  I will probably run first so might try what I suggested in the facebook group and use some chalk dust on my hands and feet to see if that aids with the sweaty slippage factor.

And I must get a new mat.  It was very embarrassing when I took it to a client's (pristine) house and rolled it out.  She took one disapproving look at it and just said, "I think you need a new mat".  Hmm, I think she's right.  It's looking decidedly grimy.  I will add "new mat" to my list of things to do.  I'll get David one too - he's still doing the Karen Voight DVD but has outgrown it already so I'm going to introduce him to Rodney Yee's 'Power Yoga' - that should keep him busy for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment