Monday 19 August 2013

Day 53 - Not feeling it today :(

Hmmm.  Wasn't really feeling it today.  I think this is probably the first time since I began the programme that I wasn't in the mood for yoga and didn't seem to feel any benefits either.  Weirdly, I'd done loads of work in the morning and was feeling quite good about that and I went for a run before the yoga, going longer than I'd anticipated because it was so lovely outside.

So, maybe I was just tired but my body felt spiky and twingy instead of soft and flowing.  It kept niggling at me and those awkward stretches at the end were...still awkward.  I can't even figure out a decent modification for the side stretch part whilst you're in 'hurdler's stretch'.  Definitely one to work on.  I did hardCORE straight after and then I really was tired!  After a shower, I managed 7 minutes of meditation (yesterday I did a record 12!) although David was watching Moto GP loudly so my focus was a little off.

AND.  The British relay team got themselves disqualified for not handing over the baton on time and missed out on bronze in the world champs.  They must be so gutted.  Bet their coach is not happy either!  There were some amazing performances though, I love watching athletes do their thing, especially runners. 

I have 'Gentle' tomorrow and will do it in the evening to see if I'm a bit more flexible then.  Also going to head to the pool in the morning after my early client :).  I hope they're right about the weather - it's supposed to be sunny all week.  I love sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment