Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 45 - Getting stronger

Early-ish client this morning and then some errands to run, so I decided to eat first when I got back, have a nice little nap, and then hit the streets for a run before laying my mat out for Strength.

I just did a quick run with David because I could feel my energy wasn't great and Strength is a tough class.  I used chalk dust on my hands again which really does help with slippage.  I stopped once to re-apply and it kept me from sliding for the whole session.

I have to say, I felt a little bit sick for the first half of the class.  As I twisted and bent and stretched though, it seemed to work its way out of me (or rather, it subsided - I didn't throw up!).  I'm really growing to love strength because I can actually feel myself getting stronger.  I still modify the push ups and I can't do that second plank sequence (because my arms are so tired at that point) but I still feel that I'm moving towards more control and stability.  I'll feel really proud when I can do the whole thing.

I was exhausted by the end!  I just about had the energy to do a few chores round the flat, shower and head down the road for some bits and pieces.  About to go and chill out with my book and then I need to get some serious work done tomorrow.  I think we're running again too and I have Flexibility to do as well.  Oh, and I mustn't forget meditation!

I have returned my wrist mala and hopefully it will come back with the correct bead combination - a little something to look forward to next week.

David is continuing to do yoga every evening and was saying how good he felt running today.  He also looked very relaxed and smooth.  I'm really hoping we can save enough money to do the Bali retreat next year.  How cool would that be - and a lot of the facebook group are going to try and make it so that would be doubly cool :).

No comments:

Post a Comment