Saturday 24 August 2013

Day 59 - Run, 'Strength', Relax :)

Very lazy this morning.  I don't think I got up until 10am!  I felt quite tight as a result and David and I deliberated about leaving our run until later on.  However, we decided to head out into the pouring rain and had a great half hour run - really blew the cobwebs away.  And hardly any people around because most of the world seem to be frightened of getting wet.  Embrace the elements, that's what I say.  It makes you feel alive!

Back home to my mat for 'Strength'.  One of my favourites, even though it's super-tough.  I was trying to heed Travis' words about long journeys starting with a single step and to just keep putting one foot in front of the other.  After my first chaturanga my arms were ready to give up and I wondered how I'd manage the rest of the class, but my strength seemed to gain momentum as I kept going.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt very peaceful at the end.

I keep meaning to mention that one of the guys at David's martial arts dojo teaches Hindu wrestling.  He's been explaining to David how each yoga pose would relate in an actual fight.  It's very interesting and brings a whole new dimension to my experience with yoga.  It's a martial art - you practise it diligently every day because one day it could mean the difference between life and death.  I mean, hopefully not for most of us!  But it's certainly something to ponder about...

I've written a little piece about my yoga journey so far for our Barefoot Running Magazine and David took this pic to include.  Not sure if my head should be up or down - I tried both and my it looks better with head down, so here it is:

I guess my knees should be higher up but that's my limit at the moment - especially after a run and yoga class!

I will do my meditating later and then it's pizza for dinner.  Shame 'Strength' falls on a Saturday for me, because Travis says at the end, "make sure you're sticking closely to the food programme" and I promptly go off, stuff my face and drink beer :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment