Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 44 - A bit more balanced :)

Balance went quite well today.  I was able to do almost all that long sequence on my right leg, whereas last time my calf was burning too much!  However, I struggled a bit with crow pose, even though I can do this.  I was fine last week but today I couldn't get my arms and legs in the right position so my elbows were digging into my legs and it hurt! 

I sort of feel I'll get that one leg balance thing one day.  It's almost in sight on my right leg, although the left side is harder (I think because my left hip is less flexible).  However, after the balance you're supposed to push back into Downwards Dog and that just seems impossible.  It requires super-human arm strength.  At the moment, I'm happy just to collapse on the floor laughing and get back into the flow in my own clumsy way.  It's definitely a fun class and phew, does it make me sweat!

I did hardCORE later in the day and my hip flexors were screaming.  "Not more boat pose, please!"  I also did 8 mins of meditation afterwards which felt good.

I chilled out afterwards with my book.  I love Friday nights :).

No comments:

Post a Comment