Sunday 4 August 2013

Day 38 - Best Strength session so far!

I had the most fluid run I've had for ages this morning.  This yoga is really working deep into those tight areas and releasing a lot of tension!  I could have run forever but bearing in mind I had yet to tackle 'Strength', David and I ran just a nice half hour loop in our local area and then headed home - me to my mat.

Well, it was absolutely the best Strength session yet!  I was controlled, focused and the neck/shoulder niggle seems to have righted itself.  I did all the push ups on my knees this time and concentrated on keeping my shoulders down and elbows in.  I think I tend to cheat doing this from my feet - my elbows go too wide and I can't go all the way down.  Doing it on my knees, I can get right to the floor with good technique.  Better to do it this way rather than my body learning the wrong technique.  It's still tough too!

I'm afraid I can't hold the second plank series, where there's an elbow plank followed by lifting the knee to the elbow, etc.  By that stage, my core and arms are just too tired.  But I know one day I'll do it.  Glad 'hardCORE' is no longer on the same day as strength!

I didn't do any work today, apart from seeing one client in the morning.  I tend to let myself relax on a Saturday - it's as close as I get to a day off.  Turns out I took a break from the healthy food too - pizza followed by a load of biscuits.  And red wine.  And it was all delicious, so there! 

Oh, there was a discussion on the facebook group about how to stop slipping around in the puddles of sweat you create working hard on this programme!  I tried using chalk dust on my hands and feet today.  It seemed to help, although the temperature wasn't so hot so I don't think I was sweating so much anyway.  I think if I had been, I'd have needed to re-apply more chalk a few times during the session which would have disrupted the flow.  I'd probably use it again though.

New DVD to try tomorrow - 'Flexibility'.  Not sure what to expect but looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment