Thursday 22 August 2013

Day 57 - Weird weather day

My alarm went off at 4.50am but I soon made the decision to stay in bed instead of getting up.  If it had been 'Detox' or 'Cardio' or any other of the power/flow classes on the menu, I would have headed to my mat but Mountain Pose and Pranayama Meditation just don't do it for me.

So, I had an extra hour's sleep then traveled to my client.  The weather today is weird.  VERY humid and close, hot but dark and this type of weather always seems to drag my body and brain down into a horrible fug. 

When I got home, I had a message on my phone from clients who I was supposed to train outside in running technique today but they wanted to re-schedule because the rain was so heavy.  I re-booked them for next week and headed to my mat.

I always hope for a sudden change in attitude towards Mountain Pose.  Almost everyone else in the group loves it and it's supposed to be a "moving meditation".  I can absolutely see how it can be just that but my shoulders won't allow it.  They continue to feel tight and vulnerable which makes the whole experience awkward and tense.  No calm meditating vibe for me.  The seated Pranayama Meditation has so far been up and down.  I've had lovely sessions where I've really connected with Travis' words and felt overwhelming gratitude but today...not so much.  I felt uncomfortable sitting up, so after the breathings series I laid down and then it was a constant battle to stay awake.  Gosh, what a moaning minnie I am!  Hey, it's allowed now and again.

My body, strangely enough, felt better after MP though and has felt pretty loose for most of the day, so maybe it has a sneaky, delayed effect.  I know I've said this before, but I really hope I grow to love it.  I feel as though I'm missing out on something that's quite magical.

So much inspiration going on in the facebook group.  There are at least six people who've just completed the 108 and their stories are all amazing.  And all very positive.  They're all going to keep going with their yoga practice and some won't take too much break before heading into another round of 108.  There is a new programme in the works that's due for release early September.  It's called 'Yoga Warrior 365'.  It has a different instructor and so far there are mixed views on what it'll be like.  I shall watch with interest as people begin to test it out but for now, I'll just focus on completing this one first!

As requested, here is a photo of my wrist mala and the neat little bag it comes in.  Worth the wait! (The picture doesn't really do it justice I'm afraid).

Here is also a photo of one of my little cats, Bo.  David left a salad bowl on the floor and she sat for ages with her head in it, sniffing the goodness! (Just noticed David's foot in the corner - maybe she was trying to mask the smell of that - hee hee).



Looking forward to 'Balance' in the morning :).



No comments:

Post a Comment