Sunday 11 August 2013

Day 46 - Another exercise bonanza!

I got up fairly late this morning and thought I'd probably run first before yoga.  I sat and had a cup of tea and then thought, "nah, yoga first" so I put in the Flexibility DVD at around 10.30am. 

I find this one a little strange, although not in a bad way.  There seems to be an air of 'something' in the DVD.  Not sure what.  There's not as much personality to it somehow.  I find that it's neither a sweat-inducing flow, nor a chilled out stretch.  It sits somewhere in between.  However, I still quite like it!  I also have the furthest to go with this one because there's so much of it that I find difficult, but I see this as a positive challenge rather than something to be apprehensive about.  I just went with it today - no pushing, no forcing.  I just went to where my body wanted to go and stopped.  I'm looking forward to making progress with this and would love to be able to do the splits one day.  I probably wrote that the last time I did this DVD and will keep on thinking it until I can do them!

David was working on an article on the pc but I felt a bit restless, so I did some cleaning (when I'm in the mood for cleaning up, I get on with it quickly - it doesn't happen often and doesn't last very long) - hoovering, washing the floors, etc.  I went outside in our stairwell to do my meditation which was surprisingly peaceful.  It was way too noisy in the flat because David was getting in touch with his feminine side and watching Hans Christian Anderson, the musical.  Too much for me, I'm sorry. 

After food shopping (tuna steaks and salad later - yum) we went for a run.  A beautiful run, in fact.  There was that Sunday afternoon lull so that everywhere was quiet and the breeze kept us cool in the sun.  We were both focusing on just relaxing and meditating and it was as though it was moving between us - I could actually feel the mellowness coming off David in waves - pretty cool!  I've just done hardCORE too and now I really do think that's enough exercise for one day.  I just need a quick stretch and then I definitely need a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment