Tuesday 13 August 2013

Day 48 - Detox rocks!

I was up at 5am to go to my client in Central London.  I tried to be chilled and focused on staying calm and taking deep breaths (not on the tube - I hold my breath all the way!) to keep my whole posture/physical self more relaxed.

Well, when I got home (half an hour late because my train was cancelled - AGAIN!) I had the best Detox session ever.  I don't know what it was - the fact that I did my meditation yesterday, kept relaxed this morning, did Gentle yesterday...I don't know, but I felt so bendy!  It's not as hot in the UK anymore (practically Autumn now) so that may have contributed to me feeling like I could flow on forever.  I just had extra space to go in each pose, where normally some kind of restriction stops me.  I'm really wondering if it's more about what's going on in my head than in my body.  I'm going to keep focusing on relaxing and breathing through stressful situations as well as be disciplined with my meditation and see what happens.  It can't hurt anyway!

I'm writing this now because I may not have time later.  I plan to do some more work at this pc that I know so well and then have a break to do hardCORE before going to my next client. 

I'll be up again at 5am for my London client again tomorrow then we'll go swimming when I get back.  I'll be starving by then, but I tend to exercise better when I haven't eaten.  It used to be the other way around - I couldn't function without breakfast.  But that was because I was too addicted to sugar!  I have to fit Cardio in tomorrow too but have two clients away on holiday so it should be ok. 

Lots of people about to embark on the UY programme who have joined the facebook group.  They have such a treat ahead of them!  I look forward to seeing their stories unfold and wish them all the best.  I hope my UY buddies who are shortly going to finish the programme will keep checking in with the group.  Most do, which is lovely.  Maybe there should be a 'Life after UY 108' group?!

No comments:

Post a Comment